Working for a better future and outcomes for our children
Publications and Resources - May 2019
- Sacred Heart Mission staff shares what government needs to know about homelessness.ProBono: More
- Mapping project highlights challenges & health impacts of siblings of people with disability. AIFS: More
- Building resilience in vulnerable young people to combat youth suicide. NITV: More
- Lived experience advice to teens and adults with FASD. NOFASD Australia: More
- Intervention to make GPs more accessible to Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander patients. RACGP: More
- Almost 40% of VIC young people living in out-of-home care don’t have a current caseworker. SMH: More
- The importance of building executive function skills in child development. CDC/ Harvard: More
- Doco explores how a ghost story became an exploration of the impact of childhood trauma. ProBono: More
- Federal election call for commitments to Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander children. Family Matters: More
- Are you working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander young people and their families? Increase your awareness and understanding of intergenerational trauma. Fact sheet by Prof Helen Milroy. More
- By 27 May. AMP’s Tomorrow Fund supports talented/ innovative Australians with $5K - $100K grants. More
- Outcomes Framework Consultation closes 31 May. Government of South Australia: More
- Present evidence / submission to the National Youth Commission into Employment & Transitions: More
- Tips on helping children have safe and enjoyable experiences online. eSafety Commissioner: More
- National directory of AOD treatment services app for Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander people. AODKC: More
- Tips for practitioners supporting children in families with complex needs. Emerging Minds: More
D’Antoine H, Abbott P, Sherwood J, Wright M, Bond C, Dowling C, Lehmann D, Eades A, Bessarab D. (2019). A collaborative yarn on qualitative health research with Aboriginal communities. Australian Indigenous HealthBulletin 19 (2).
Fowkes, L. (2019). The application of income support obligations and penalties to remote Indigenous Australians 2013-18. CAEPR Working Paper No 126/2019. Australian National University.
House of Representatives Select Committee on Intergenerational Welfare Dependence. (2019). Living on the Edge: Inquiry into Intergenerational Welfare Dependence. Parliament of the Commonwealth of Australia.
Joint Select Committee on oversight of the implementation of redress related recommendations of the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse. (2019). Getting the National Redress Scheme right: An overdue step towards justice. Parliament of the Commonwealth of Australia.
Kezelman, C.A. & Stavropoulos, P.A. (2017). Talking About Trauma - Guide to Everyday Conversations for the General Public. Sydney: Blue Knot Foundation.
Lowell et al. (2018). The‘invisible homeless’ – challenges faced by families bringing up their children in a remote Australian Aboriginal community. BMC Public Health 18:1382.
Conferences, Events and Training: