Job type: Full Time, Member Organisation Job
Yulu-Burri-Ba is currently seeking a highly motivated Family Counsellor to join our Family Wellbeing Service!
The Yulu-Burri-Ba Aboriginal Corporation for Community Health (Yulu-Burri-Ba) provides a safe, friendly, confidential, and culturally appropriate Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Primary and Social Wellbeing Health programs in line with community needs. It is our vision to empower our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families and community to achieve excellence in their healthcare outcomes. Yulu-Burri-Ba has clinics at Capalaba, Dunwich on North Stradbroke Island and Wynnum.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Please note: To be considered for and appointed to any position at Yulu-Burri-Ba, you must:
You will be required to provide evidence of the requirements mentioned above during the recruitment process.
As a key member of the Yulu-Burri-Ba Family Wellbeing Service, the Family Counsellor will provide a range of assessed social and wellbeing counselling supports to families in meeting their holistic needs. Supports will be goal driven and focused on building the resiliency and capacity of families that will operate through an in-home outreach capacity.
· Provide wellbeing interventions using established techniques and methodologies of proven effectiveness from a sound evidence base.
· Appropriately respond to critical incidents, providing wellbeing first aid to patients in distress.
· Conduct comprehensive wellbeing holistic assessments for the purpose of evaluating risks, identifying client needs and guiding treatment delivery plan.
· Ensure clinical and administrative standards are maintained, in accordance with case management and record keeping processes.
· Collaborate with other members of the Family Wellbeing Team to ensure a comprehensive and coordinated approach to support services.
Qualification and experience
· Bachelor qualification in either Psychology/Social Work/Human Services/Behavioural Science or Counselling
· Demonstrated ability to apply a high level of clinical judgement and to prepare and present accurate reports relating to the outcome assessment and mental health wellbeing intervention of a client.
· Demonstrated experience in family counselling or a similar role, preferably within the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community.
· Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the cultural context and historical experiences of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
· Demonstrated ability to apply a variety of evidence-based, trauma-informed and strength-based approaches to counselling.
· Demonstrated ability to administer mental health wellbeing assessments.
· Demonstrated ability to work with a minimum of direction and to effectively communicate with and work collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
· A willingness to provide therapeutic supports and engagement to patients outside of a clinic environment.
· Travel across Yulu-Burri-Ba clinics (Capalaba, Wynnum and North Stradbroke Island) may be required
· Current C Class Drivers Licence (Qld) – essential
For further information:
Email – HR@ybb.com.au
To apply: Please apply via SEEK with a one-page covering letter advising why you are the best person for the role and a copy of your current resume.
Applications close: COB Monday 23rd of October 2023
|Job Category||Child and family practice/domestic and family violence|
APPLY NOW |