In 2021 QATSICPP worked with service providers and the Department of Children, Youth Justice and Multicultural Affairs (DCYJMA) on the Working Together to Strengthen the ARC project. The project was focused on enhancing data systems and processes around the Advice, Referrals and Case Management (ARC) system to improve data quality for the work of Family Wellbeing Services (FWS) and Family Participation Program(FPP) service providers. The project explored:
- sharing innovative practices and tools developed by services to assist staff to use the ARC
- what further support/resources services might want to assist staff to use the ARC
- what isn’t being captured by the current system and how the ARC system might be improved to meet future requirements
As part of the project QATSICPP developed (informed by service providers) some resources to assist organisations and staff with getting the most out of ARC and help make sure their ARC data is meeting operational, service development and reporting needs. Please see below for more information and links to the resources developed.
1. ARC Health Check Tools (FWS and FPP versions). This tool has been designed to help organisations take a look at the quality of the information in your ARC system and proactively deal any data quality issues. Managers and team leaders can use the tool to get an idea where staff may need more support or guidance with using the ARC. The tool gives organisations a score reflecting the general state of their ARC data and suggests some other resources and support which could assist to improve data quality.
2. Train, Review, Embed: Developing and maintaining knowledge about the ARC system in your organisation. A consistent message from service providers who shared their learnings with QATSICPP was that organisations needed to embed ongoing training and data quality review practices into their work to keep knowledge of the ARC strong, despite changes in staff over time. In this guide you will find advice, information, strategies and resources designed to assist your organisation in ensuring business continuity with ongoing use of the ARC system.
3. ARC: The Essentials (FWS and FPP versions). The information in these guides (taken from the ‘OASIS Report – Counting Rules’ sections in the current FWS and FPP ARC User Manuals) shows staff how to record information in the ARC so that the relevant work of your staff is captured and ARC the system produces the correct information required for P2i reporting.
Note for FWS and FPP service providers: the above resources are intended to compliment and not replace any existing resources or processes your organisation has in place to provide guidance to staff on using the ARC system.
Please get in touch with email@example.com if you have any feedback at all about these resources or you would like to make a time with QATSICPP to go over the content.
For ARC training, refresher sessions and questions about reporting please email:
For technical support or password issues contact Infoxchange:
1300 366 516 or (03) 9418 7487 or email firstname.lastname@example.org